Thursday, February 3, 2011

Fade by Phil Krejcarek in Exhibition

Photographs by Phil Krejcarek will be on display in Sheboygan, WI as part of the Inaugural Group Exhibition through EFFJAY Projekts. Congratulations, Phil!

Artist Statement
PHILIP KREJCAREK

During the past two years, I have been investigating the concept of dreams in my work. Part of that research has centered upon memory and how it might fade, or slip away over time.

I am particularly interested in the Surrealist painters and their thoughts about the subconscious.

The Images that I have been creating are my attempts at visualizing this notion.

At first, I started with making images as light as possible, while still being able to see them. Then, I worked on how dark an image could get.

In the future, I would like to work with scale. I would like to produce images that are mural or monumental in scale.

http://www.wix.com/frankjuarez/effjayprojekts-exhibitions

1 comment:

  1. Phil, the concept of dream photography is intriguing. And the mural idea--I can envision huge murals where the images are very faint and laid over one another, causing the passersby to do a double-take to see if something IS there, and then again, to decipher the layers. Maybe even take advantage of some moving shade on the wall to create part of the dream-like images.

    ReplyDelete