Sunday, June 17, 2012

Björklunden Withdrawal: You're not alone!

Since we had so many rookies in the June class, I thought we should review Björklunden Withdrawl for everyone and let you know you're not alone in dealing with it. Bethany and I described the emotional state in 2010, having suffered it for the third year in a row. While it is not a recognized DSM-IV diagnosis, it is very real. But there is hope! Specifically, hope for Björklunden 2013!

To come to an understanding of Björklunden Withdrawal and coping mechanisms including our very own 12 step program, view the blog from summer 2010:

http://bjorklundenphoto.blogspot.com/2010/08/how-does-this-happen.html

3 comments:

  1. Is this what I was suffering from Friday morning when after spending time in the chapel I proceeded to photograph the special key in various places around the grounds? It's not a spoon but it does have an interesting shape???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this sounds very suspicious for Björklunden Withdrawal Syndrome (BWS). Please continue to take pictures and post to the blog to help your recovery! I would love to see the photos you took.

    Is this Hal? I'm guessing by your user name initials. I'll try to find how to send you an invitation to post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's actually Amy. While I am certain that BWS was at work, I think this class has awakened my photography eye. Everything suddenly seems worthy of a second look. I suppose having photoshop in my back pocket doesn't hurt.

      Delete