Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Enjoying this amazing autumn!











I've been shooting some. After my surgery I could only slowly walk around my yard and not bend over, so my challenge was to shoot pictures only at eye-level, kind of backwards from what we did in class, but it was surprising what I could find. It was good mental therapy to get out and about! I'm also in a photography class through Learning in Retirement, affiliated with UWGB. I wore my Bjorklunden Photo Tshirt to the first class, just like a walking human billboard, and generated a few comments and questions. We've shot at the bayshore and the zoo. I've also been walking daily in Barkhausen Waterfowl Preserve (700 wooded acres with lakes) near my house and have taken many photos in there. My high school friend took the Bjorklunden watercolor class in September with only 8 other people and no other classes going on; that would be quite a different experience than the week we were there! She quite enjoyed it. Since our class, I've had trips to Victoria, BC and South Dakota, and am looking forward to visiting Arizona, Toronto, and the Florida Keys in the next few months. Hope you are all well, take care, Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment