Friday, October 22, 2010

A Foggy Summer Morning

I'm not sure if you have received the photos or the previous text, so I will repeat my comments. By the way, I have more photos for this, but I could only add 4.

This summer, wile drivin to work early one August morning, I noticed what cool scenes were created with the sun rising through the fog. The next day, I started out earlier, with my camera but unfortunately did not take the tripod. I liked the photo projec tso much (except for the graininess of the earliest photos) that I had a Kodak soft-cover book made. That taught me a lesson about being careful (typo) and looking more critically at the photos before using them. I filled in the blank pages with haiku related to the scenes.

The first scene with the moon: Somewhere else this dawn
The moon slides down a clear sky,
Chased by the sun.

Road with pink sky: Here, the clouds hug grass,
Diffuse the slightest color,
Create mystery.

The power poles marching: Even ugliness,
Marching across the landscape,
Is softened by fog.

The field with faint pink and layers of low-lying fog: Subtle, subtle change,
Streaks of vapor lying low,
A hayfield awakes.
Enough for now.--Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment